3. Native American Art Spider Stories
These Native American Art projects use a traditional story from the Cherokee Nation to introduce the art project. It is written by Cherokee author Brad Wagnon.
After hearing the story and a discussion, students will explore the pattern of a spider webs as inspiration to create a web of their own.
There are several creative options in this pack. Teachers can choose the art project that fits the ages and abilities of their students:
Ideas include: Weaving with yarn, drawing/painting, wire and bead spiders, glitter glue and glue resist!
Included: (book is not included)
- Focus activity
- Q&A after story
- How to draw a spider web hand out with image of real spider web
- Step by step directions for weaving a web
- Bead and wire spider gallery examples for inspiration
- List of additional books and video for extensions
- 3 assessments
- List of Anchor standards for teacher reference