Native American Art- John Neito and the Fauvist Color of Matisse
Explore bold non-representational color creating "Wild Beast" or a prehistoric Sturgeon! Easy to modify for 1-8th grades. Materials can vary based on availability! Super easy, super fun! And the COLORS...Oh MY!!!
Includes 2 lessons using bright non-realistic colors:
1-Explore Matisse and the Fauvist art movement and its influence on Apache Artist John Nieto.
2. Learn about the Menominee Sturgeon Feast and learn to draw a prehistoric fish "Fauvist" style. Includes a guided drawing handout.
- Links to Matisse and Apache artist John Nieto artwork
- Link to a child narrated Sturgeon video filmed on the Wolf River
- Focus activities and discussion questions
- Guided drawing of a sturgeon handout
- Student self assessment
- Student I can statements K-8
- National Core Art Standards checklist.